In this post we are going to see how to enable or disable fast user switching in windows pc laptop.The Windows 10 is full of new and exciting features which you would have always loved and proud to have in handy. Right from the specially designed layout to Cortana who is a personal assistant for your Windows 10, everything has been specified in such a way that everybody would love it.
With the abundance in features, the Windows 10 is quite likely to stay there for long and one of the best features in the Windows is fast user switching which you will find quite impressive which will allow you to log into your Windows account without disturbing any work of the fellow user from the other account.
How To Enable/Disable Fast User Switching
Fast User switching permits users to sign into a pc whereas alternative users still stay signed in, whereas it offers the plain advantage of not forcing alternative users to sign out before you’ll register along with your own account, it will have some disadvantages.
As long as alternative users are signed in, Windows is exploiting additional resources on them, especially if they need left resource-intensive apps or background services active. If alternative users are signed in, you furthermore cannot restart or finish off the computer while not having them sign out or risk losing any open files they haven’t saved.
If you are doing have multiple users on your computer and you’d rather not have quick User switch offered, you simply need to build a fast edit to the Windows written account or native cluster Policy Editor.
Once all users have signed out of their user accounts, they’ll not be able to switch to alternative users because of the Windows interface, that for all sensible functions is that the same as disabling the feature.
Home Users: Disable quick User shift by written material the register
If you have got a Windows Home edition, you’ll need to edit the Windows register to form these changes.
You’ll be able to additionally roll in this manner if you have got Windows professional, however feel more leisurely operating within the register than cluster Policy Editor.
(If you have got professional or Enterprise, though, we tend to advocate victimization the better cluster Policy Editor, as represented within the next section.)
Standard warning: Registry Editor could be a powerful tool and misusing it will render your system unstable or maybe inoperable.
This is often a fairly straightforward hack and as long as you persist with the directions, you shouldn’t have any issues.
That said, if you’ve never worked with it before, concerning reading about a way to use the registry Editor before you start. And undoubtedly duplicate the registry before creating changes.
So, let us tell you how it’s done:
- To get started, open the written record Editor by hit begin and start writing “regedit.” Press Enter to open written record Editor and provides it permission to create changes to your computer.
- In the written record Editor, use the left sidebar to navigate to the subsequent key:
- Next, you’re progressing to produce a brand new price within the System key. Right-click the System key and opt for New > DWORD (32-bit) price. Name the new price “HideFastUserSwitching.”
- Double-click the new HideFastUserSwitching price to open its properties window. Keep the amount within the “Value data” box from zero to one and so click “OK.”
- You can currently shut written record Editor. You’ll ought to sign out of any user accounts that are presently signed in (or restart the PC) and so sign back in with any accounts you would like. Once you’ve signed in, you’ll take a look at the amendment by gap the beginning menu and corroborative that the choice to modify to different users isn’t any longer gift.
- To reverse the amendment, simply follow constant steps and set the HideFastUserSwitching price back to zero or delete the Value entirely.
ALTERNATIVELY : Enable/disable Fast User Switching in Registry Editor
- You will have to hold the Windows Key and along with that, just press the R key in order to open the Run dialog box.
- Now, type the said “gpedit.msc” and right after that, press the Enter key.
- There, the Local Group Policy Editor will appear and you will have to expand the following:
- Local Computer Policy
- Computer Configuration
- Administrative Templates
- Now, open the “Hide Entry Points for Faster Using Switching” option which you will find right there.
- Now, you will have to select “Enabled” which allows you to turn faster User Switching off. You will have to select “Disable” to turn it off.
That’s it, you will be able to disable the faster user switching in Windows 10 this way which will be quite assistive. You can easily revert back the settings by following the same tips.