It might seem a bit weird for you to actually hear about this for the first time as you might be thinking, How to install Kodi on ps4 2017 or generally you might be in the thoughts that how can Kodi work on a PlayStation?
Apparently, it can be done as Kodi is a media playback option and yes, the ps4 supports the media playback quit gladly.
Installing Kodi for ps4 is one of the very best media players available in the market and that too very few.
You can easily watch your favorite stuff in Kodi and that too, yes, on a gaming device like the ps4.
PlayStation is a very good resource for playing games but it is always better if you were able to do something more out of it as things are usually good this way.
Watching movies via your ps4 is like a dream coming true, just because you won’t have to buy any other product or spend extra money or resources wasting it over buying a thing which you barely need.
Kodi is perfect for your PS4 and admit it, you are going to love it.
Now, before we begin, let me get you introduced a bit to Kodi as most of the people might want to get an idea of what they are actually doing here.
If you’re a lover of sports, movies or boxets, you will really love Kodi and naturally fall for it as the best of it, Kodi could be a compact streaming app that permits you to watch just about something, Whether or not it’s one thing you’ve already own, regionally keep on a tough disk, or one thing you wish to stream on the net – from BBC iPlayer to Netflix, everything is here.
Apparently Kodi needs add-ons and why am I saying this here? Well, I don’t want you to be downloading the app unnecessarily and not knowing what you are about to do.
Well, you can even customize Kodi on your own, but, one in all the simplest, fastest ways in which to urge Kodi as you wish it’s to use an add-on or what we call as an extension.
You might be thinking where are these add-ons. Well, there are hundreds to settle on from. Add-ons are the essential bits of code which will modify Kodi and add new options or services, and to create things easier we’ve place along a listing of the simplest ones.
Kodi is actually an ASCII text file software package which has exclusively been designed with home recreation in mind and above all, it’s very free.
Though it absolutely was originally created for the Microsoft Xbox and referred to as Xbox Media Center (XBMC), the software package has continued to evolve – spawning a community of its own.
Unlike services like Chromecast or Plex which most of us are quite fond of, Kodi is managed by the non-profit XBMC Foundation and yet genuinely, it is perpetually being changed and upgraded by many coders round the world. Since its creation in 2003, Kodi has been formed by over five hundred software package developers and over two hundred translators.
HOW TO INSTALL KODI ON PS4?
Kodi is available to download and use freely over a variety of devices which includes, Windows, Android, iOS devices and what not and apparently, you will love using it out of all sorts and you will also be able to watch all your favorite shows for free.
Kodi is even available to use on Mac OS and apparently, you can even use Kodi on your PS3 or your PS4 too and that too, without spending any money or buying new devices or hardware.
It is quite easy and you will love how it works. If you are already bored or your PS4 is lying in a dusty corner somewhere in your house, well you better start using it, now is the time. So, here I will be telling you how to install kodi on ps4.
Steps to install kodi On Playstation 4 and ps3 in 2017
- Start your PlayStation console and open the PlayStation store which has already been installed over it.
- Now, on the home screen there, you will be able to find the Apps section which you have to navigate to.
- Choose the section of Popular and there, click on or find the app Plex.
- Now, choose that and hit the download button and wait till it actually gets installed.
- Now, the PlayStation store will install this app and you can easily open it by clicking over it.
- Now, open TV and video section which is located on the home screen of this app.
- Now, you will have to access the app and you will have to log into with your Plex account. Well, if you don’t have an account yet, you can sign up from here.
- After you have successfully logged into the app, it will show you a code and a link.
- Now, visit that same link on your computer and sign in.
- Enter the code which has already been shown and then, click on “Link”.
- Now, you will be provided with a message where you will be told that the app has been linked on your home screen.
- Now you have to install the app on your Android device from Google Play. Login with your Plex ID and click “Stay in Trial mode”.
- Now, open Settings > System and then enable these options: Advertise as a server, show camera roll media, and Network discovery.
So, that is pretty much it as Plex is an awesome alternative to Kodi which you can use freely on your PS4. Now you might be wondering why isn’t Kodi available on the PS4.
Well, the developers are already trying very hard for this but the security system on PlayStations is quite hard to crack and well, it might take some time for them to actually devise a way to download and install kodi on ps4. So, till then, you can use this method and try an alternative.
This was the full procedure to install kodi on ps4 and if you too want to download it, you can do it right via the methods provided above. Along with that, you can even download your favorite stuff easily. If you face any issue, make sure you drop in a comment and we will try to answer it out for you.