Apparently Snapchat has become one of the most popular apps which you and your friends would be using for sure and along with that, you can easily be the most social people on Snapchat as it has one of the best features with great filters and features to add your friends too.However, there are always common issues with an app and yet, Snapchat is included in it too as there might be instances where your Snapchat app would abnormally shut down. So, to fix this, we have the easy fix for snapchat unfortunately shut down.
Unfortunately Snapchat has Stopped
In most of the cases, there is no issue with an app and all the issues are in your device, but we will try to cover both today and try to figure out what actually is the reason that your snapchat app crashes or it unfortunately shuts down.
Before we start, I would like to mention that if you are an Android device user, then you should be updated with every update of the app which releases. It is always beneficial just because of the reason that the update rolls out the new logs and scripts which fix the previous issues and you can easily fix this issue.
We will go under a few methods and I recommend you trying the one which you feel has caused an issue.
Method #1: Clear Cache of the App
Apparently the most common issue with your Snapchat’s abnormal crashing is that it is due to a reason of the cache which has been stored from the previous versions and every time you update your device, it increases the cache. To clear the cache, you need to just follow these steps:
- Open the Settings menu of your Android device.
- Now, navigate to the section of apps and click on the option of “Installed Apps”.
- Now, just search for the Snapchat and click on it.
- Now, you will be provided with many options. Out of them, click on “Clear Cache” and wait till the procedure completes.
- That’s it. Now, just go back to the app and tray and launch the app again.
- The issue would have been fixed for sure.
Method #2: Re-install the app
It is always better to try installing an app again if you are facing issues and well, if the Snapchat app in your phone is also causing an issue, then you better install the app again. For this, just follow these steps:
- First uninstall the Snapchat app either by dragging it to Uninstall option on the home screen itself or just do it in the Settings menu
- Open the Play Store app.
- Search for the Snapchat app.
- Click on Install.
- Wait till the installation gets completed.
- Done. Now, log in via your existing email id and password.
Method #3: New Software Update
Well, most of the devices which you might be using have an issue that they are running on the old software which most of the times are obsolete or the scripts are too old to run the new app of Snapchat. For this, you need to update the software of your device first and well, let us tell you how it is done.
- First of all, go to the Settings menu of your device.
- Now, in the settings menu, find the option of “Software Update” and click on it.
- Now, your device would start searching for the latest software automatically and once it is done, click on the “Update” option.
- That’s it. Your device will start updating automatically.
- Now, after updating, the issue might have been resolved for sure.
Method #4: Update the Snapchat App
Apparently, the other method which you can easily follow is that you can update your Snapchat app quite often just because of the reason that if any previous version of the app has been involved in an issue, you can easily sort out the issues for yourself by downloading the new update of the app as most of the times, it comes with bugs fixed. So, it is always ideal that you keep updating the app regularly. This is also a common fix.
To update the Snapchat app, you can follow these steps:
- Open Play Store on your Android device.
- Now, open the My Apps and Games menu in the Play Store.
- Now, there you would see a section of Updates and you can easily update any app out there, including the Snapchat app too.
- Wait till the app gets installed.
- That’s it.
These were some of the most common fixes of the message “Unfortunately Snapchat has stopped” which might have been irritating you for a while. So, you can try all these methods accordingly in order to fix these issues.
However, if any of the issues still persists with your device, be sure to drop in a comment in the comment section down below and ask us about the questions or queries which you have. Apparently, we will try to answer your queries.